SUPPORT AND ADVICE
This is an anxious and uncertain time, but please do contact the constituency office if you have any questions or concerns.
Or phone on 01856 876541
Liam is also sending out weekly newsletters with the latest information and advice. If you would like to sign up to Liam's mailing list, please drop us an email. Meantime, the following information relating to Covid-19 may be useful to you.
- The latest information from NHS Scotland and Scottish Government in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic, can be found at: https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus or https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19
The latest advice can also be accessed on 0800 028 2816.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please self-isolate for 7 days and book a test. If you live with other people you must all self-isolate for 14 days.
- a high temperature or fever
• a new continuous cough
• a loss of, or change in sense of smell or taste
To book a test, please call NHS Orkney on 01856 888 211 between 09:30-19:00 Monday-Friday or 09:30-12:00 on a Saturday. Please only call your GP or NHS 24 on 111 if your symptoms are severe.
If you are a key worker and develop symptoms or a family member does, you can register for a test at www.self-referral.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk
- If you need information about measures for businesses, information can be found here through the Business Gateway: https://www.bgateway.com/news/guidance-for-business-owners-in-scotland-on-coronavirus-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR2GmwpYdnuCUivSAjQezwLefilkJRDFjwxyl9l6pYtD_gcj94awSKgQNy4
Orkney specific information can be found here: https://www.bgateway.com/local-offices/orkney/local-support
Scottish businesses can also call a new advice helpline on 0300 303 0660.
- If you are shielding and require any assistance, you can contact the Orkney Coronavirus Information Hub on 01856 879 900 or email [email protected]
- This can be an incredibly challenging time for our mental health. If you need support, information or advice, you can contact Breathing Space for free on 0800 83 85 87 or visit their website to find out about their services here: https://breathingspace.scot/
If you have suffered bereavement during this time, support is available from Cruse Bereavement on 0845 600 227.